Tuesday, March 25, 2014

HAIR RUT

I've become a bit complacent in the way I style my hair, actually lets be honest I'm down right lazy. I wash it, put some detangling spray, a little sea salt, root lifter and blast my hair with the hairdryer upside down, then give a spray of hold and voila. I usually wash it every second day. But the majority of days at work my hair ends up in a bun with a pencil through it. I've decided with a mane like mine, I have to start getting a little creative!

So I've given myself a challenge, 5 working days of different hairstyles and to try and challenge myself too, no buns with pencils through! I've also added my five working outfits for the week, I picked out the outfits and accessories on the Sunday and made a few changes due to the cooler climate arising in Tasmania. Only one outfit got the chop so I didn't do too bad! See the results below:



 

Monday's hair and outfit: Low pony, side parted with hair wrapped around to cover the band, simple and neat. Wearing: Staple the label skirt, Sass and Bide Top, Adorne necklace from #yeltuor

 
Tuesdays hair and outfit: I took sections of the hair around the crown, back combed, sprayed with hairspray to give a quiff effect and secured with two bobby pins. Wearing Finders Keepers top, Maud Dainty pants, Adorne Necklace, Senso Shoes from #yeltuor.



 


Wednesdays hair and outfit: Side ponytail parted to the side, I teased the hair before plaiting the sections loosely to give a messy thick plait. Wearing; Wish maxi dress, Sportsgirl shirt, Swarovski Necklace, Senso Shoes. Maxi dress and shoes from #yeltuor
 




 Fridays Hair and Outfit. Today the different dos were getting a bit much I was tempted to walk out the door with blow dried hair as per usual but I decided I had to stick to the challenge, so high pony it was, quick and easy. Wearing; Staple the label skirt, Talulah blouse, Jasmine Bloom Jewels and Mollini slides from #yeltuor.




 
Saturdays Hair and makeup. My favourite hairstyle for glamour; curls. I put my hair in a high pony and kept hot rollers in until cool. I put my hair in a pony first because it gives the curls a nice drop and looks less stage hair like around the face. I was super excited for a cooler day as i'd been saving this Lauren Vidal knit for a few months! I teamed it with a Moss and Spy skirt and last seasons boots and a Ted Baker coat for the morning. I did end up getting a little too toasty though!

So there we have it, challenge done. Its day two of the new week and I've stuck with the blow dried hair both days, its just so much easier. However I will try and make an effort to shake things up from time to time, I don't want to get too predictable.

Enjoy x E

1 comment:


  1. "Hometown Hero Discount Code: Unlock exclusive savings with this special code, celebrating local pride and supporting community champions."

    ReplyDelete